Adventure Racing is for all those who love to Trail Run and/or Mountain Bike and navigate/orienteering. The beauty of our events is that they cater for all ages and skills levels, ranging from 8 to 80, and from the beginner to the ultra endurance athlete. Events are all about strategy … to visit as many check-points as you can in the allocated time to collect points, whilst balancing this against time penalties for arriving back late. Racers use their sporting ability and map-reading skills to maximise their performance.
Tri-Adventure offers a 2 hour Trail Run or a 2 hour Mountain Bike only event, a 2 hour ‘Sprint’ Duathlon, and 4 hour ‘Experience’ Duathlon. With a different venue and course in the Surrey Hills every month, events are fun, competitive and our participants are a great community. Registration begins from 08.30am and racing starts at 10am, so allowing up to 90 minutes map-reading/planning time!
Our Spring / Summer series of races start in March:
- 12 March: Cranleigh Cranleigh Bandroom, Nr Cranleigh Leisure Centre, Village Way, Cranleigh GU6 8AF
- 9 April: Bentley Copse, Shere Bentley Copse Scout Camp. Bentley Copse, Hound House Rd, Shere, Guildford GU5 9JH.
- 7 May: Liphook Hollycombe Steam Museum, Iron Hill, Liphook, Hampshire GU30 7LP.
- 18 June: Effingham Church Street, Effingham, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT24 5LZ
- 23 July: Holmbury St Mary Felday Glade in Holmbury St Mary (B2126 Horsham Road), Surrey, RH5 6PG
- 10 September – Venue TBC
- Registration opens at 08:30am – Plenty of time to review the maps and plan your strategy.
- Races start at 10am - there is a mass start for Experience, Sprint and Trail. Mountain Bike only participants start just after at intervals of 30 seconds, to ensure the safety of all competitors and to adhere to bridleway rules.
- Participants can race as individuals, in pairs or as a “family” (which is considered a pair).
- We welcome children taking part, with a responsible adult. A nominal fee applies and a waiver must be signed.
- Canicross - running with your dog – racers are welcome.
- Those who book early (more than 2 weeks before a race) and those making multiple bookings within a series receive discounts.
Tri-Adventure is a great community of Adventure Racers, and our Tri-Points Loyalty Scheme rewards you for attending events or introducing a friend. For every Tri-Adventure event you enter, you will receive one stamp. For every person you introduce to Tri-Adventure, you will receive one stamp. Collect 6
stamps and you can claim free entry into a 2 hour Trail, MTBO or Sprint event or 50% off the entry price into an Experience event.